Advent Calendar House
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
3 Mikes review 3 Grinches, from 1966, 2000, and 2018. Guests: Michael DiGiovanni, Michael May.
Day 1: It’s the season premiere! We take a look at 3 versions of Dr. Seuss’s classic Christmas tale, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” from 1966, 2000, and 2018.
On this episode
- Mike Westfall (@fallwestmike), a tiny chef carried on a covered dinner plate by a series of exponentially larger chefs.
- Michael DiGiovanni (@theatomicgeeks) of The Atomic Geeks, Classic Film Jerks, and Pop Culture Retrofit podcasts.
- Michael May (@michaelmaycomix) of his Adventure Blog, home to roughly 39½ different podcasts, including the new Sleigh Bell Cinema, covering Christmas movies.
Topics and Tangents
- The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T., Dr. Seuss’s first — and last — feature film screenplay, which he disliked so much, he almost refused to agree to a Grinch TV special.
- DiGio discovers Thurl Ravenscroft, the voice behind “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch,” was also Tony the Tiger.
- Grinchmas, the annual Christmas celebration at Universal Studios Hollywood and Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Florida.
- How Murray Saved Christmas, a 2014 animated TV special starring Jerry Stiller that just made my to-do list.
After This Episode
Check out my appearance on Michael May’s Sleigh Bell Cinema podcast covering The Muppet Christmas Carol!
The Advent Calendar House is on the web at adventcalendar.house, on Twitter @adventcalhouse, and part of the Christmas Podcast Network.